CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
I'm only here tonight because of you. You are the only reason I am. You are all my reasons.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting acquainted with my new friend!



Hi! I'd like you to meet my new friend: the Sony Alpha a33 DSLR camera.


We've only known each other for about a week, but we're becoming fast friends. I took ol' Alfie (as I'll call him) with me on several adventures this past weekend!

First, we went to Orlando (actually, Champion's Gate, FL - but so few people are aware of such a place) for some best friends and poolside time. Alfie was perfect for documenting this joyous reunion.

That's actual, unexaggerated emotion there folks!

Then on Sunday we were invited to a 5th Birthday Party for a family friend. I was commissioned to photograph the games and playtime for the afternoon, (I know I know, ridiculously early in my foray as a photographer to be getting assignments - but these things happen when you run around bragging about your new equipment).

I was able to grab at least a handful of gems.

Birthday girl cheering for her team during relay races

Cousin of the birthday girl, recently became a big fan of walking

Little sister taking sweet sweet relish in every last bite of cupcake

Mental note: American Girl apparently makes shockingly amazing birthday presents

Lastly, on Sunday night I went to task on making some DEEEElicious Oreo Cupcakes (recipe courtesy of Bakerella) to bring to the office to celebrate our August birthdays. What can I say - I'm part baking addict, part suck-up.

Another perfect bonding opportunity for Alfie and me.






Unfortunately, I was so exhausted after the cupcakes were through (and mildly sticky up to my elbows, AND suffering from an oven-door burn on my forearm) that I did not get pictures of the finished product. I will say that they looked quite similar to the photos in the Bakerella link, only slightly less pretty. But what they lacked in beauty they more than made up for in YUMMM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment