CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
I'm only here tonight because of you. You are the only reason I am. You are all my reasons.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm a Model!

OK.  Let me start by saying: I'm not a model.

But this past Wednesday I got to act like one!
Some of my friends/colleagues from work were looking to do a photo shoot using people as subjects (as opposed to prior shoots where they've used zoo animals, beach scenes, etc.), and my front office partner Kaitlin and I volunteered our modeling services.  And free of charge!
It didn't hurt that we were 100% first-time amateurs.

I'm going to go on a brief tangent before continuing.  If you've known me for a while, you've probably heard that I suddenly have a overabundance of Katelyn/Kaitlin/Caitlyn's in my life.  Once upon a time there was only one, my first K-dawg love Katelyn Wiltsee, whom I met at my first/only workplace in Atlanta - Turner.  Then after I move to Florida, I start up at my new job at Tampa Digital, only to meet TWO new amazing girls with the same name.  Only they all spell it differently, which somehow makes it more confusing I think.  In any case, I shall henceforth refer to them as follows: Mama Katelyn (because she is a mama, and is a slight homage to our old coworker Mama Joyce), Tiny Caitlyn (formerly referred to as Graphics Caitlyn, and she is very tiny), and Baby Kaitlin (though I know she will hate it, but she is the youngest of the three).  And what's even funnier is that all three of them could be/have actually been professional models, which is not a description I give lightly.

And now I can continue.  So Baby Kaitlin and I took our first steps toward supermodeldom this week.  And now I shall present to you a sneak preview of outcome, courtesy of Tiny Caitlyn, who was one of our extremely talented photographers.  I mean, she made me look like a pretty model.  SUPER talented!

For some reason I feel like I'm channeling Eliza Dushku here.
This is so a face she would make!  Weird.

So serious.


I would be remissed if I didn't throw a little kudos to myself here (I know, how rude, but models aren't usually humble anyhow).  But I did the makeup work for baby Kaitlin and myself, and I think I did a pretty bang-up job!  Especially on baby Kaitlin!  And God bless the girl for trusting me, because aside from occasionally applying Gameday/going out eyeliner for my dear friend Erica, this was pretty much my first foray into doing someone else's makeup.  And definitely my first time doing makeup for a photo shoot!  So yay me!

More to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment